Complete home automation
Complete home automation
Discover a villa of more than 3000 sqm (32,000 square feet) fully equipped with the latest technologies, one of the most beautiful projects realized by Henri company.
Villa "Grand Prix House"
"We have been delighted to realize our project with the guidance and support of Henri company, both on the professional and human aspects, and it deserves to be underlined because it is rare. The technical solution they have deployed is highly integrated and we strongly thank Henri company for accepting this challenge. It brings us an entire satisfaction in our daily use. A truly remarkable work."
The owner of this Villa contacted Henri company during the very first stages of construction about 4 years ago.
We had the opportunity to define with him the need and then to accompany him throughout his project, with the challenge of following technological evolutions and continuously adapting to deliver a cutting-edge technology realization.
The property is a Villa of over 3000sqm (32,000 sq.ft) on five levels.
On the ground floor are the living room, the dining room and the kitchen and a beautiful garden; On the first floor, the bedrooms; On the second floor the office and the meeting room.
A real living space has been created in the basement containing a swimming pool, a sauna / hammam area, a gym, a dressing room, a wine cellar, a billiard room, a games room, a private cinema and a garage.
The Villa is located abroad, constituting another challenge in terms of organization and logistics.
Based on our experience in this field, we were quickly able to join the project team, composed of local and foreign companies.
As for each of our projects, the objective was to propose advanced technologies, made simple to use and perfectly integrated with the decoration.
At the request of the owner we pushed the home automation integration to its maximum, implementing a solution able to control all the systems of the Villa.
Each equipment (televisions, speakers, switches) has been thoroughly studied to be meticulously integrated into the decoration.
Finally, each user interface (touch screens, tablets, remote controls) has been carefully designed to be simple and intuitive, thus bringing more comfort to the inhabitants.
« This is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful projects realized by Henri company. A technical achievement of exception, offering a real comfort to the inhabitants.
We were lucky and delighted to accompany an exceptional customer. His involvement and availability made it possible to realize a bespoke installation, meeting his needs.
We have thus been able to fully exploit our expertise and our know-how to deliver a perfectly completed project according to our high standards.
I am proud to count on experienced, involved and passionate teams capable of accomplishing such projects. »
Michael Sherman, Managing Director.
From each room of the Villa, thanks to a touch screen, a tablet or a remote control, it is possible to:
• Manage lighting by recalling a predefined scene,
• Open or close interior curtains, roller shutters or electric windows,
• Adjust the temperature of the room,
• Turn on the TV and watch: TV decoder channels, Blu-ray movies or movies from a server, movie rented or purchased via Apple TV, a local source plugged into a socket HDMI, CCTV cameras or the GTB dashboard,
• Turn on music and listen to: an AirPlay stream or a web service like Spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.,
• Call and start a conversation with any other touchscreen, tablet, or phone of the Villa,
• Answer the intercom, view the camera of the outdoor doorman and unlock the strike of the door,
• Call the elevator,
• Display notifications and alerts: fire detection, opening door/window, mail reception, defects of any system of the Villa,
• View information about weather,
• View power consumption information.
In some specific areas, other features are also available:
• Choose audio and video formats in the Cinema,
• Light the fireplace in the Salon,
• Activate "counter-current swim", "waterfall" and "overflow", and adjust swimming pool temperature,
• Control the turntable of the Garage, especially from a smartphone.
Considering the objective to integrate all the systems of the Villa, we can distinguish two categories of technical solutions:
• Those that we have fully designed, installed and commissioned,
• Those installed by other specialized companies that we have interfaced with our system to be controllable or searchable from our interfaces.
The assembly is transparent from the user’s point of view.
Here are the solutions integrated by Henri:
• A HomeWorks QS from Lutron system allows control of 284 lighting circuits, 29 electric shutters, 31 interior roller blinds Sivoia and 15 motorized windows.
Their control is done from 80 keyboards Signature distributed in the Villa.
Sivoia roller blinds in the Dining Room.
• A Digital Media video distribution solution from Crestron allows the distribution of 23 sources (TV decoders, Apple TV , Blu-Ray players, HDMI connectors, etc.) on 8 TVs Bravia from Sony and 2 mirror televisions from Agath .
This solution allows to display UHD 4K@60Hz definition video through HDCP2.2.
A DVPHD processor allows multiple sources to be displayed on a single screen simultaneously.
Agath Mirror Screen in the Master Bathroom.
Television on a motorized lift concealed in a piece of furniture in the Master Bedroom.
55-inch television suspended on a custom-made ceiling bracket, in the Dressing room.
Glass elevator and kitchen area equipped with a 49-inch television on swivel wall support.
• An audio distribution solution consisting of processors from BSS Soundweb London and amplifiers from Crown can broadcast the sound of the video as well as AirPlay audio streams and web services (spotify, TuneIn, Tidal, etc.) in 29 areas of the Villa.
The loudspeakers are in-ceiling models from Sonance or Bowers & Wilkins , suspended from the ceiling from Elipson or placed outside from Architettura Sonora .
Speaker Archittetura Sonora in the garden.
• A High-Fidelity audio solution consisting of a pre-amplifier and stereo amplifier from Classé Audio can play the shared music, as well as a local vinyl turntable, over two 803 Diamond column speakers from Bowers&Wilkins.
Turntable, preamplifier and stereo amplifier.
HDMI connector in cabinet bottom for connection to a local source.
• Two built-in home theater systems allow 5.1 audio playback (5 speakers and a subwoofer) with Integra processors-amplifiers.
Home cinema integrated in the children's playroom. The front speakers as well as the subwoofer are integrated into the layout under the TV, behind an acoustic fabric.
• A home automation solution from Crestron enables each user to quickly and easily access the features described above.
13 in-wall touch screens, 5 programmable remote controls, 1 waterproof remote control for the swimming pool and 8 tablets on wall mount supports are distributed in the Villa to control all the systems.
iPad in the kitchen.
• Finally, a dedicated movie theater was entirely realized by Henri: Electronics, of course, but also acoustic treatment, layout and lighting.
In terms of electronics, a Lumagen processor processes the video sources before being broadcasted by a Christie CP4220 projector on a ScreenExcellence projection screen, acoustically transparent and equipped with four motorized masks.
The sound is processed by a Trinnov Altitude processor, and then amplified through 5x300W blocks from Classé Audio dedicated to the speakers and 1000W blocks from Bowers&Wilkins for the subwoofers.
To be able to reproduce the sound to the latest formats Dolby Atmos and Auro 3D, the room is equipped with 3 front speakers, 6 surround speakers, 6 in-ceiling speakers and 4 subwoofers, all from the 800 series of Bowers&Wilkins.
In terms of acoustic treatment, the floor, wall coverings and ceiling were treated with a Home Theater Environment solution.
Nine armchairs with motorized inclination from Fortress Seating complete this installation for a unique Cinema experience.
ScreenExcellence screen, acoustically transparent and equipped with four motorized masks.
Cinema control via a custom-made application
• Finally, all electronic equipment is centralized in a technical room and installed in three Middle Atlantic racks.
As in each of our projects, they have been fully schematized upstream to define the best solution and the most suitable accessories for managing the cabling.
The racks are totally part of the decoration. They are located behind a slightly tinted glass, in the Lounge of the cinema room.
Rear of the rack in the technical room.
Zoom to the audio rack.
The following solutions, installed by other specialized companies, have been interfaced with our system to be easily controlled or consulted by the user:
• The heating-ventilation-air-conditioning system for selecting the room temperature
• The piano for sound recovery and diffusion in the speakers.
• The elevator, the car lift and the turntable of the garage.
• Intercom and telephony system for communication from touch screens and tablets.
• The Sauna, the Hammam and the chimney of the Lounge Room for lighting and extinction.
• Letterbox for alerting when mail is received.
• The Technical Building Management System and the weather station for consumptions and weather forecasts.
To discover all the photos of this realization, consult our PORTFOLIO.
Henri project team
- Project Manager : Maxime Faurie
- Design Engineer : Yann Lebreton
- Programmers : Yoann Roul and Jérémy Bourgeois
- Technicians : Soner Basaran and Xavier Landes